John Cryer has tabled a Parliamentary Early Day Motion (1768) in support of local Leyton resident Ms...
read more » 30th Oct 2018 12:35
Dear Resident I am contacting you because you supported my petition against flight path changes m...
read more » 24th Oct 2018 08:24
The murder of Jamal Khashoggi- which the Saudi government now admits did take place - bears a striki...
read more » 24th Oct 2018 08:21
John Cryer
6 Gainsborough Road
E11 1HT
Tel: 0208 9895249

How Can I Help?

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is on its way - make sure you are ready with this handy guide.

Just click on the download bar below and find out about Universal Credit aJust click on the download bar below and find out about Universal Credit and where to get help with any problemsnd where to get help with any problems
Download More Information

Who Should I contact?

Everyone has the right to contact their local MP to discuss issues affecting them but there are specific areas they can deal with. MP's will generally only act on behalf of their constituents, so please check you live in Leyton and Wanstead:

Surgery Appointments

I hold 5 advice surgeries a month, two on Thursday mornings, two on Friday afternoon/evenings and one Saturday morning surgery.

If you would like to see me about a subject or issue affecting you, please get in touch so that my team can book you an appointment.

What Issues Can John Cryer Help You With?

MP's are more able to help you with issues that Parliament or government are responsible for, such as:

> Tax (but not council tax as this is set and paid to your local authority).
> Hospitals and the National Health Service (not local social services).
> Benefits, pensions, national insurance.
> Immigration.
> School closures and grants (not day-to-day school problems like governors or the local education authority).

Should I contact someone else first?

Some issues are not the direct responsibility of Parliament or government.

In these instances, you should first contact either your local council or your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau before considering contacting your MP.

These are issues such as: 

> Council tax.
> Private problems with neighbours, landlords, employers, family; or companies who've sold you faulty goods.
> Decisions made by the courts.
> Issues that are the responsibility of your local council, ie, dustbins or street repairs.

John Cryer's Promise to you:

> I do my best to secure a full response to your letters
> I acknowledge all emails from constituents.
> I hold regular surgeries and visit elderly, disabled and other constituents at home if they have difficulty coming to see me.
> I maintain a constituency office at 6 Gainsborough Road Leytonstone.
> I keep constituents informed of my local and Parliamentary activities.

Whilst I am unable to hold surgeries at my new office at 6 Gainsborough Road, I am now holding surgeries around the constituency.

John Cryer said:

"I work in Parliament four days a week, holding the Government to account for the laws that affect my constituents' lives.  So that I can represent them properly, I need to stay in touch with what they are thinking, and their hopes and aspirations.  I usually keep Friday and the weekend as days for my constituency work, and I hold regular street surgeries around the constituency on Saturdays.

However, I do often meet with local community groups and schools during the week and such groups often visit me in parliament.

I receive hundreds of letters, phone calls, emails and visits every week.  I send thousands of letters to constituents, companies, government agencies, the council and many other people and organisations on behalf of the people I represent.  My professional staff works with me to chase up cases and ensure that my constituents are properly listened to and treated with respect.

All I ask in return is that my staff are treated with courtesy and respect."
Click here to contact us
Website: Useful Links
Useful Links
We need your support to oppose the closure of Galleon and Heronwood wards at Wanstead Hospital
Find Out More
Download Info
Click here to contact us
Click here to sign up to our newsletter